Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Sine Curve of Life

I don't think I have blogged about it much or even at all, at least this, but I think it's pretty interesting how life goes sometimes. I think that it is interesting how up and down it can be, kind of like a sine curve if you know what I mean (ha i am a nerd).

It's like there will be times when life is going amazingly for one single amount of time or something, but then it suddenly plummets. Life goes from one half pi(e?) to three halves pi. Everything sucks and it seems like nothing is worth it, and you ask yourself all of these questions like why am I here? What the heck am I doing? Where am I going? You call yourself an idiot. You hate yourself. You are depressed. Those times are the worse. The lowest of the low, down there at three halves pi.

But then of course things get better. They always do. But then they get worse. They always do. I don't know I guess, if life is actually this way, at times you can take comfort or you can live in fear. Good times are ahead or bad times are ahead. Maybe that is why life is so. People think that the opposite is happening and because they think it, it is. I just thought of this, maybe I am different than everybody else and I am really talking about my own life and assuming everyone else is the same. I don't know. I still see this as how life works sometimes.

Right now life is going good for me I would say. I have awesome, supportive friends. As of last night I officially have a girlfriend, and this time I really feel different about. There really isn't any doubt at all this time. I am in a couple of bands and am very happy with how both are going. School is going alright. I am in a position to get some very good grades. I have some great choices of where I am going to go to school. Given it will be a hard decision, I know I will be happy either way. I am happy right how. I guess according to my sine theory of life I will call it, soon i will reach one half pie and then go down, so 1) I will enjoy this time of happiness that I have right now, and 2) I know that if it goes bad, it will get better.

And I think that can be a sort of message of hope for people. Ha I am all about hope. Anyways, if you are going through a bad time, just know that it will get better. Hold onto that and embrace and soon enough it will be so. Word. Well I hope you enjoyed this one. Talk to you later eh.
-Andy

2 comments:

Jackson Wood said...

Life throws wicked curveballs but you NEVER strike out. Just ride that wave like a sublime line out in the ocean.

Phillip said...

I guess all I really want to comment on is to say that I think the negative perspective of thinking life - because you've reached a high point - must turn worse is a little grim.

I guess from a mathematical standpoint I'd rather think of my life as an infinite polynomial, such that any point at any extreme can be reached.

Other than that, nice blog Andy. Good luck with all that lies ahead from this possible relative maximum (although with any luck your life on the interval [now, death) is a monotonic function with a positive derivative).