Thursday, January 17, 2008

Running...

My mind is filled with doubt, yet a single idea, a single hope, a single dream, a single source of motivation drives me. The motivation prevails, for it is looking to the future rather than the past. I cross the threshold and with the click of a watch, I am off. It is a journey, one that lasts for eternity and a second. All the while wanting to turn back, my drive prevails. The pavement beneath me appears to rush behind me, as every step, every breath takes a little more out of me. But for every bit taken out of me, I am made that much stronger in every way. My physical limits are pushed, but me will to succeed increased. In the end, that will, that drive, that movitation, that dream truly has prevailed. Forever, in many ways I will be a better person. I have that much better of a chance to succeed. It is still far off, and there is much in the way, but maybe someday that dream will come true. I can only hope.


There is my little bit of creative-ish writing. I don't think I could write much more than that just because I have to think so much about how I want to say what I am thinking. Anyways, maybe you liked it. Maybe not. I still want to say a few more things on the subject though.

I was talking with Alex about this the other day, and I think it is amazing how much of an effect running has had on me this winter. I feel like it has changed me and will continue to change and affect me for a while. Up to now, this will definitely be one of my most defining winters. Never have I done anything like this winter. I have never spent a whole winter running, or camping, or running or anything. It has made me feel like I can do so much more. I never would have believed a few years ago that running would be this important to me in my life and that I would be running an hour every day after school.

And like I said in the beginning, if you could sort of discern what I was saying, but I have crazy hopes for this track season. I just hope that I will be able to do what I want to get done. And even if I don't do as well as I would hope, I think I will still be able to be happy knowing that I did a heck of a lot over the winter, and I stayed in shape, and I felt good about myself and such. Word. Now I am just talking about myself. Don't feel like you have to go out and run forever. I mean it is a good thing to do, but for me this is something big I have found in my life, and I think that if everyone had something like this, well, I would be happy for them. Ya, you know what I mean. Word. I have said enough. Talk to you later.
-Andy

2 comments:

Phillip said...

Well Andy, when you find something like running that means so much to you in life it's important to stick with it at the moments when you feel like very little matters. I'm glad you've found an outlet that you really enjoy and helps you to feel clarity. Glad to hear it.

Patti said...

Fuck Niwot track, and Rooting for you Andy! That first paragraph was awesome!