Monday, January 7, 2008

Somewhere in China a Bird is Eating a Tree...

...I will bet money that on their next album, chiodos will have on it a song titled somewhat like that. I think it is stupid. Cause of course the song would have nothing to do with a bird eating a tree in China. Plus it just doesn't make sense. Oh well. They can be dumb like that.

Anyways...on to deeper stuff...it is kind of interesting, these days I have often found myself in a sort of nostalgic or just kind of emotional mood. Not emotional in the way that I am depressed or anything, just emotional in that i suddenly become very aware of my friendships and how much everything in my life means to me, and also I think about the different ways that I have failed certain people or something like that, and I suppose in that way I can get a little sad. I also think about my life up to this point, everything I have done and where I am headed, what lies in my future.

But I don't know, these feelings can be triggered in many different ways and in many different places. I may be at home, up in my room in the internet just talking to somebody, or texting somebody or something, or even talking on the phone or something. Or I will be running, and somehow the pavement below my feet makes me think about how big of an impact running has had on my life, how I never would have expected to be where I am now, which then triggers other such feelings about other things.

Or even tonight, a real good friend of mine posted a bunch of picture on myspace of her best friends. There was a picture of me among all of those great people. I don't know exactly what it was, but that struck me so hard. It meant a lot to me. It made me think of my friendship with her and everything I have gone through with her. It made me think of how much she means to me and how much she always will.

Another sort of thing like that happened with me earlier today as well. I had a couple of friends over after lunch. Alex Zuelke and Ryan Haagenson came over and we just played around on guitars for an hour or so. It was one of the most amazing times I have ever had. Ryan and I were all jamming out, and Alex was sitting be Ryan as well with a guitar in his hand. He doesn't really know how to play, but he still occasionally tried to throw a little thing in here or there. It's alright though, cause I know he has the heart and I know that if he puts his mind to it he will be better than both Ryan and I someday. But I will tell you, Ryan played these most amazing songs that he wrote for Alex and I. I am telling you, if you ever hear them, you will fall in love with them. So if you get a chance, as Ryan to play one of his songs for you sometime.

So I think I will sort of wrap things up here pretty quick. I think another reason why I get so nostalgic is that I, just like everybody else, is going to be done with high school next year. Things will never be the same, and it's just good to remember all of the good things that have passed. And it is good to have hope for the future.
And that is about it for now. Thanks for reading. Talk to you later.

-Andy

3 comments:

Phillip said...

Moments like those are always so great for the geniune appreciation they can evoke in these situations.

Anonymous said...

Ahh- there's nothing like a near digustingly vague comment. Just kidding Phil, no offense, just a note.
Thanks for the encouragment. It feels good and makes me more confident to hear that you like my songs as much as i do.
I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you. Sure, high school is ending and no, things will never be the same, but i hope you find out that that can be one of the more beautiful things in life.

Zuelke said...

Good post. i really apprciate the inspiration you put in there for me to get better in music. And ryan does fucking rock.
But i hear on the friendhsips thing. I really know how it feels to look back and see all the things that you have done with your friends and be able to cherish that. Seeing you write that really wants to make me be a better ffriend and enjoy the time i spend with them becuase a lot of them i am not gonna see after they graduate. Overall, good post. And inspirtional. Good work.