Thursday, January 24, 2008

So I Have This Idea In My Head

...and I hate it because it is such a vivid image, but I have nothing to do with it. I don't know if you know what I mean, but maybe as I describe it and my situation, which I find myself often in, you will understand more. Anyways, as I said, there is a sort of a picture or scene in my mind and I think it would be cool do bring that to life somehow, but I can't probably because I don't have time or the creative capability. It may sound weird, but I will try to describe it.

So in my head I see a sort of ballroom like there used to be in like Europe sometime in the past. And in this ballroom are a bunch of people dancing in unison in circles and such, I don't know what you call the dance, with classical music and all that in the background. But all of the people are ghosts except for one man who is dancing with a woman who is also a ghost. It's like in a movie where the camara zooms from above and you can see everyone below especially the man. Of course he is all dressed up like the rest of the people. But then the scene changes to real life where the ballroom is all broken down and lessened by age, if you can picture that, you know all dusty with broken things hanging off the walls and such. And it is silent, but that man is dancing there, as if with a woman. And he is still all dressed up.

That probably sounds real dumb. And if you have seen it before that makes sense. The idea is inspired from various things I have seen. It is quite possible that it has already been created. Anyways, I think there could be so much done with that image. There could be so much symbolism and so much story behind. If I could I think it would be awesome to like write a story with that. Or I could simple write a poem or a song, which I actually did try. Or I could like write a script for a play or a movie or something like that.

But in reality, I can't. All I have is that singular image in my mind. I don't know where I would start or end or what I would do in between. All there is is that one thing. Maybe I can start to build off it, but I still get stuck. And I simple don't have time. I don't know. Maybe all this image is useful for is sparking my imagination and making me think, which I suppose wouldn't be such a bad thing. I guess I just think it is kind of interesting a cool. Maybe somebody will read this or already have thought of it and then write a book or make a movie out of it, and I will read it or see it and be able to understand, and it will fill all of the holes in my mind. But that probably won't happen.

Hmm. This was probably one of my weirder blogs. I don't know how you will respond. I do appreciate the responses, but they are not necessary. Maybe you enjoyed reading this or maybe you can relate to it or I don't know. Either way, there it is. Talk to you later eh.
-Andy

2 comments:

Phillip said...

That image actually sounds really cool Andy, and I think you did a good job describing it. Things like that are why people learn to paint or us something like photoshop. Or, if you can find a way to get it accross well, right a song. That's an artistic vision there, and while not everyone may like it, I think it's a pretty cool scene.

Zuelke said...

Good blog. I think you should this idea you have and try to realte it to your own life. The symbols that you could be looking might pertain to your life. And maybe if you keep thinking about this idea that you will eventually build an answer to some of your problems. Just a thought. So keep on thinking and keep on imagining cuz you never know what you will find.